It is not always possible for the entire club to hold a “Pajama Party” with the purpose of collecting pajamas for victims of Domestic Violence.
Below are some variations on the theme that your club may want to adapt and use. Take advantage of supporting this issue and promoting your club.
- Have a party in your home: invite neighbors to attend and bring a pair of PJ’s for the local shelter.
- Arrange a nap-time reading program at the town library or nursery school. Have all the children wear their favorite pajamas, and bring an extra pair for the shelter.
- Invite members of other concerned organizations to a before bed snack/dessert buffet and ask attendees to donate pajamas.
- Ask two local school sports teams to hold a charity match to benefit Domestic violence awareness. Admission is donated pajamas.
- Notable citizens such as the fire chief, school prinicipal agree to wear pajamas for a day if a town wide collection effort reaches a large goal.